IT IS BECOMING INCREASINGLY EASY TO GET TO STREAM GARDEN FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. People are travelling further and further afield for business or holidays and connecting transport systems are becoming more easily available and more reasonably priced:
Direct and Economy Flights connect Bangkok to the rest of the world and domestic flights (and trains) connect easily and cheaply to Southern Thailand. Once at Hat Yai airport, you can be driven with our pick up taxi service to Stream Garden in little more than 1/2 hour.
Although the feel of Stream Garden Retreat & Conference Centre is very much “away from it all” – flights and taxi as well as excellent roads, bring you directly to our door with little difficulty.
- By Air – Nearest Airport: Hat Yai. (also spelt Hadyai) Domestic & International flights connecting to Bangkok, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur and Penang etc.
Further Bangkok Airport Travel Information: There are two Airports in Bangkok – Don Mueang Airport & the new Suvarnabhumi Airport. Many international airlines fly into the new Suvarnabhumi airport. Most domestic flights depart from Don Mueang – there is a free shuttle service connecting the two airports. (Allow minimum 1hr travel time.)
However Thai Smile domestic flights to Hat Yai do leave from Suvarnabhumi – so, no need to change airports.
Please visit the airport and airline website links available above, for any further information needed.
- By Rail – Nearest Station: Hat Yai. Connected to Bangkok (16 hrs), Kuala Lumpur (14 hrs) and Butterworth (3.5 hrs).Visit www.railway.co.th
- By Road – Nearest City: Hat Yai. Connected to Bangkok (12 hrs by super deluxe coach), Penang (3.5 hrs), Singapore (overnight coach).www.thairoute.com
HOW TO REACH OUR CENTRE FROM HAT YAI
The Retreat Centre is approx. 38 km from Hatyai
Hat Yai to Tung Lung – 25 km
Tung Lung (nearest town) to Stream Garden – 13km.
(“Suan Sainam” is Stream Garden in Thai)
Reaching Stream Garden From Hat Yai Option 1: (by advance notice only)
- From Airport/Railway Station/Downtown Hat Yai: Pick-up or drop by Stream Garden pre-arranged taxi service: 800 Baht
Option 2: (for low-budget or light travellers)
- Reach the Clock Tower (Haw Nalika) bus terminal at the heart of Hatyai city (local transportation available from the Airport/Railway station)
- Take a tempo (Song-Thaew) or a bus towards Sadao. Get off at Thung Lung town enroute.
- Take a motor cycle taxi (about 120 baht) all the way to Stream Garden (via Thung Jang village).
Option 3 : Arrive by own arrangement (private vehicle) From Hatyai head towards Sadao/Malaysian border. Reach Thung Lung (about 25 kms from Hatyai) on the Hatyai Penang Highway (Karnjanavanich Road). Turn left for Thung Jang village at the main junction and continue as indicated by signboards. The entire stretch of about 10 km is a good road.